Happy Monday, friends!
I hope you had a refreshing weekend. I’m thrilled to have my last long-long run behind me. A few more medium-long runs to go, but Saturday was the final 20 miler. Whew!
So, is everyone experiencing this cold front? Living in Texas for two years thinned out my blood, I think. I’m freezing! Once I get warmed up, it’s ideal running weather, but it’s getting harder to get out of my warm bed in the mornings.
I remember training through the winter in upstate NY a few years ago when I was preparing for my first marathon, and I can’t say I have a lot of positive memories of those bitter cold runs. Ha!
I’ve been considering finding a treadmill.
– An indoor option when there’s a snowstorm or ice
– More sleep!
– More flexibility to run during nap time or after L is in bed if my husband is working late
– Warmer… less layers… less mental battles getting myself out the door
– I really don’t like treadmills. I think I used them maybe twice the entire time we were in Houston and I seem to have lost my patience for them.
– We don’t have a great spot for it. The basement ceiling is too low, and the garage would maybe work but is pretty uninviting with no distractions.
– Cost. Plus I just joined a local gym so I technically could take L along and run there on the worst days.
Hmm, did I answer my own question here? They just seem so convenient but I guess I’m not convinced I’d use it that often.
Do you have a treadmill? Love them or hate them? Do you run outdoors all winter?