June Recap: June has come and gone, which means it’s time for another monthly goal recap to check in on my 2012 goals.
- June stats: 15 runs- 118.5 miles; 6 miles on the arc trainer; 9 spin classes- 134 miles, plus one outdoor 14 mile ride; swimming- 3400m; weights 2-3x/week
- June races: Just one! Toni’s Welcome to Summer Virtual 5k
- Record breaking: No new prs- too hot to race here right now!
- New Cross Training Challenge: Finally went to the HIIT class (High Intensity Interval Training)- I loved it, but after all the jumping, my shin was a little unhappy
- Running Buddy: I went from zero to 4, plus I started linking up with a local running group that meets two blocks from our house. I have my long run buddy May, my interval-loving-triathlete buddy Liz, my BQ-aiming buddy MC, and another local mom
- Meet bloggers: I went for a run with a local blogger, and had coffee with Holly this month to soak up her triathlon advice!
- Toddler nutrition/ Family recipes: June recipes included: Homemade yogurt; Peanut Lime Noodles and Gado Gado; Healthy popsicles; and Protein cookies
- Computer balance: Sticking to my plan so far of early am, naptime and/or pm computer time rather than getting off and on all.day.long. But I could definitely work on getting to bed earlier…
- Reading: Devoured Runner’s World’s Big Book of Marathon and Half Marathon Training; I think that was it for this month.
- Date Nights: Had a baseball date night, where I was part of a pre-game ceremony with all the age group winners from the Astros 10k
I also started a Fitness Bucket list, which motivated me to sign up for my first sprint triathlon on July 15… two weeks to go.
I cut my running back this week to fit in extra time in the pool and on the bike. On Saturday, I met my triathlete friend and running buddy Liz at the pool for the Master’s swim, and we followed it up with a short run with hill repeats. It rained all weekend, so I missed my planned outdoor ride on Sunday and did an 80 minute spin class instead.
Time to wrap up the giveaway!
Winners! This is my favorite part of hosting giveaways… I love using random.org to see what numbers will pop up. So the two lucky winners are….
Congrats, ladies! I was also thrilled to see that both women are training for their first full marathon!
Thanks to everyone who entered to win the RW Big Book of Marathon and Half Marathon Training! It’s an excellent resource. If you didn’t win a copy and are considering purchasing it, I would definitely recommend it. Feel free to get in touch with me if you have questions about it that I didn’t cover in the review.
Do you track your goals monthly? What was one of your June highlights?