March Recap: At the end of each month, I’m revisiting my 2012 goal post to track my progress and to record my stats. I meant to get this up earlier in the week, but had minimal computer time with family visiting. Better late than never! Here’s March:
- March stats: running- total 60 miles; 16 spin classes- total 393 miles; 8.75 elliptical miles; 15.5 walking miles; 4200m swimming; and weights 2-3x/week
- March races: Spatula Runner’s Virtual 10k
- Record breaking: Nope
- Cross Training Challenge: Had a blast at Power Yoga!
- Running Buddy: Not motivated to do much here, as I had to take off two weeks for my twisted ankle
- Toddler nutrition/ Family recipes: Shared several this month… Seeded Whole Wheat Bread, Vegan Zucchini Banana Muffins, Dark Chocolate Sunflower Cookies, and Homemade Crackers
Personal and Family Balance
- Evening quiet time: Where does the day go? I would love an extra evening hour to read, but it hasn’t been happening lately.
- Computer balance: Not bad… having family here for a week taught me how little computer time I really need!
- Reading: Finished “Four Seasons in Five Senses” which I won in Carrie’s giveaway! I have several books I’m hoping to get through this month.
- Date Nights: Rodeo night- finally got the full Texas experience
Summary: The downside of March was twisting my ankle on my 15 miler, and having to take a couple weeks off, which meant missing two scheduled 20 milers, and deciding to pull out of the Dallas marathon in April. Instead, I got in lots of spinning miles!
In place of the marathon, I’m planning to run a few shorter races this month. I actually won some compression socks from Ali’s Spatula run last weekend, so that was a fun surprise!
Speaking of shorter races, the first one is tomorrow, a 4 miler… I’ve been slacking a lot this week. That could mean well rested legs ready to run, or sluggish legs shocked that I’m demanding some speed out of them… let’s hope for the former. I’ve never raced 4 miles before, so at least it’s an automatic pr. 🙂
I’m linking up with Jill today for Fitness Friday!