September Recap: At the end of each month, I have been revisiting my 2012 goal post as part of a monthly recap to track how my progress and to record my stats. Let’s take a look at September…
- September stats: 14 runs- total 104.5 miles; 10 spin classes- total 190 miles; 1 arc session- 5 miles; 8 walking miles and I completed Tina’s boot camp (weights approximately 3x/week)
- September races: None, other than a fun run 5k at Fitbloggin… I’m ready to race again!
- Record breaking: Nope- no races, hoping for a pr in October
- Running Buddy: Several great buddies plus a local running club that I’m trying to run with on Saturdays
- Meet bloggers: Yes! Met so many amazing people at Fitbloggin!
- Family recipes: Shared several this month… Packed Lunch Ideas, Sweet Potato Energy Bars; Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal; Healthy Chocolate “Ice Cream”
Personal and Family Balance
- Evening quiet time: Most nights I’ve been trying to save a little time to read before falling asleep
- Computer balance: Sticking to my plan so far of early am, naptime and/or pm computer time rather than getting off and on all.day.long.
- Reading: I read Scott Jurek’s book, Eat & Run which I loved, and a new kids cookbook which I’ll review soon. I also re-read Run Less, Run Faster as I’m considering their plan again.
- Date Nights: Went out for my birthday! That was probably the only one this month.
I’m happy with this month’s stats… I’ve been running low mileage with only 3-4 runs a week, but have been building it very carefully and feel great so far. I am thrilled to finally have some cooler weather (think 70’s and 80’s, this is Texas!) and I’m nervous and excited to start racing again… first up is the 10 miler in two weeks!
This was a busy blog month! It started with the Labor Day Virtual Run. I had a blast putting this together and am brainstorming ways to have a mini-race series in 2013, so stay tuned for that information soon. Of course, Fitbloggin was a highlight- you can read recap one and recap two to learn more about this awesome weekend. I really enjoyed the opportunity to interview Marshall Ulrich about his elite ultrarunning challenges. And it ended with the start of the Menu Planning Challenge… if you missed it, check out all the links. There are some inspiring menu plans in there!
I was also invited to sample a canvas print and got mine in the mail last week. We chose a photo of L as a baby, and added it to a mini photo collection on one wall. We were really happy with how it turned out! The site made it easy to select options for photos on canvas, and ours arrived in about a week.
Easy Canvas Prints would like to give one of you the opportunity to turn a photo into a canvas as well. Use the Rafflecopter to enter:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
How did September shape up for you?