I’m happy to see Friday this week. Maybe this little one is having a growth spurt? For some reason, I’ve been extra tired and squeezing in cat naps most days while L watches “Peep and the Big Wide World.” (We just discovered this show, have you seen it? It makes her laugh out loud!)
I’m still running but this week has been particularly challenging. Today marks 29 weeks, so that might have something to do with it!
Third Trimester Running Challenges:
* The hills in our neighborhood are kicking my butt!
* I’m getting slower by the week. My legs just don’t want to go any faster.
* My legs feel the fatigue from the previous day’s workout more than they used to. If I spin or do a weight circuit one day, I know I’m going to have a more sluggish run the following day.
* The bladder! This actually got a lot better for most of the second trimester but I’m back to looking for pee breaks 2-3 miles into a run.
* Sleep is more challenging, so I’m waking up less rested and less motivated to run.
I was reading my journal from my first pregnancy, and I was still happily running at this stage. But I’m bigger this time around, and I feel like my energy is lower (likely from caring for a 4yo!)
So I’m wondering if my running days are numbered. For now, I’m going to keep trucking along. The tricks that have helped are to drive to the track (to avoid hills) and to tell myself I’m going to “walk/run” to get myself out the door. This worked yesterday. Once I’m going, I end up running most of it.
Of course, it is the third trimester now so I’m giving myself the flexibility to take extra days off, too.
What tricks do you use when you don’t feel like working out?
Running moms, how long did you run through your pregnancy?