I recently spoke at a health event along with a US kettlebell competitor and trainer, Rick Martins. My focus was on nutrition for runners and his was on the strength training piece.
He had some amazing tips and I came away completely inspired to get stronger in the off season! It’s always a goal… but now I have the “how to” and the tools to make it happen.
For the last two years, I’ve been hosting a 21 day reset challenge in January with about 50 women and I’ve been thinking about how I could make it even better this year- so I approached Rick about incorporating some of his training advice for runners and, good news, he is IN!
The reset will continue to contain all of the pieces we’ve loved in the past…
- Meal plan templates and sample meal plans
- Healthy, easy seasonal recipes with lots of crock pot ideas
- Emails with tips and motivation
- Group accountability through the private Facebook group
But this year the reset will have an extra focus for runners who want to get fitter and stronger in the cross season, including Rick’s tips for:
- Nutrition tweaks to maximize your fitness and strength
- How to incorporate the four phases of strength training into your running plan
- Workouts to become a stronger runner
How awesome is that?! I want to jump in and get started right now!
But I won’t. My “off season” is beginning now- other than the possibility of a 5k or two, I’m taking it easy. My training season will pick up in January for a March half and I’ll be adding this strength program in.
Wherever you are in your training cycle in January, we’ll talk about how to maximize the benefits from strength training to be a stronger runner.
I’ll host two live calls for runners looking to kick things up a notch:
- One on how you can incorporate phases of strength training to maximize it’s effectiveness and get stronger this winter
- And one on nutrition details to eat for strength and performance
Note: You do not have to be a runner to join the challenge! The live calls and bonus materials for runners are optional.
Are you in? Have you joined me for a 21 day reset in the past? If you’re brand new, check out what others have said here.
As always, you can choose to do the reset only OR you can choose to include vitamins and protein to boost your results. If you want even more personalized attention, you can add that as well.
(I highly recommend you incorporate a whole food based vitamin, pure Omega 3s and a probiotic with this challenge to cover nutrient gaps, reduce inflammation and boost your good gut flora.)
Questions? Email me! I’m always happy to help..
How does your training change in the off season?
What are your goals for the winter?