We’re nearing the end of our two week travels catching up with family and friends on the east coast, including a kid-free, unplugged early anniversary trip through the Finger Lakes region the last few days.
I’m feeling refreshed from the extra time for relationships, rest and care-free running.
One of the best aspects of running while traveling is the opportunity to explore and appreciate new routes. After living in a city or small town for the last 7 years, I am in awe of the beauty of the countryside when we visit both sets of L’s grandparents. It reignites my love for running.
Here’s a few of the scenes from my runs in PA and NY:
I incorporated some of my favorite ways to refresh my love for running in this trip:
- Fresh Scenery: Change up your usual route and take in your surroundings
- New running buddies: Thanks to willing grandparents, I got to run (kid-free) with my husband several times for the first time in years!
- Temperature changes: After fighting heat and humidity all summer in Texas, I was thrilled with the cooler mornings
- Go gadget-free: I accidentally forgot my Garmin and enjoyed not worrying about paces, even during my tempo runs and bursts of speed work
- Take a break from your training plan: I embraced the opportunity to run when I could, and ran for the enjoyment of the experience
Stop by Jill’s for more Fitness Friday posts!
Do you enjoy running on vacation? How do you refresh your love for running?