This week wraps up the final month for the 5 by the 5th virtual race series. I love reading about your running experiences and seeing your progress each month. I’m a little sad it’s wrapping up already!
I ran my 5k this week, and realized how much I’m going to miss this 3 mile loop when we move next month. I’ve been spoiled to have this trail right out my door!
This month wraps up with 9 lucky winners; 3 Runner’s Worlds subscriptions, two pairs of lock laces, 3 headbands, and one “Sweat, It’s Liquid Awesome” tank top.
- Runner’s World Magazine subscriptions: Joanna (@mamalame), Nicole D, and Kendra L
- Lock Laces winners: Rebecca L and Michelle H
- Headbands: Jennifer B, Rhonda B and Shannon C
- Tank top: Kathy C
Congrats, everyone! Email me with your address so we can send those along.
Everyone who ordered a medal should receive theirs today as well.
I’ve had many requests to continue the series. I’m taking a break to focus on our move next month, but would love to pick it up again in the fall.
I’m planning to host a fall 5 and 10 mile series for a few months where we focus more on distance (and tempo workouts), and then a spring 5 by the 5th for the shorter distances and speed.
Both sessions will have a group coaching option, where participants can
- join a Facebook support group
- receive weekly speed workouts
- receive weekly strength routine suggestions for runners
- nutrition tidbits for athletes
- ask questions and be supported by other runners
I’ll plan to have an optional medal for each series as well, since so many of you love the bling! Keep an eye out for more info in the next month or so.
Also, the winner of the race entry fee is Zaneta. Congrats!
Do you have a favorite running trail?