Happy Wednesday! It finally feels like spring here… we are all soaking it up.
I’m glad that so many of you are excited for the Reset Challenge! It’s always a challenging, rewarding time. To answer a few common questions: no, the meals are not complicated. I included as many quick and easy options as possible. If there is something you don’t have time to make, there are always alternatives. You do what works for you. And the Facebook group has been a fantastic place to share resources and ideas.
As of this morning, there are just a few early bird spots left! I’d love to have you join us.
So somehow, one quarter of the year has already passed. Last year I did monthly goal updates, but I’m aiming for quarterly this year. The months are passing too quickly!
So let’s see how I’m doing…
1) Run as long as it feels good! I don’t think I’ll be breaking any records this year. Maybe next fall as I get back into training again… I’d like to train for a fall 2014 half marathon and possibly a spring marathon. But for the next six months, my goal is to run as long as my body says it is okay.
So far, so good! My running is slowing down a lot, and after the half marathon in ten days, I’m pretty sure I’ll be done with double digit runs. But I did a 10k trail race (at 15 weeks and got 3rd place) and a local 5k (at 20 weeks in 23:11) with the Garden Spot half coming up next. I’m more than happy with that!
2) Cross train with spin, swimming and weights
I’m still spinning when I can, incorporating weights about twice a week, and finally last week made it back to the pool.
1) Continue to build my coaching practice with virtual and local clients
I’ve hit my max for health coaching clients (with room for maybe one more per month) and am just amazed at how much I LOVE it. It was definitely the right move for me.
2) Decide what my business will look like in the first year of the new baby’s life (how much do I want to work? babysitter options?)
I feel like this is coming together… my husband will have parental leave for the entire fall and we’re going to share child care duties. I’ll hire a part time babysitter for the spring, after the baby is 7 months old.
3) Revamp my business website
It’s getting there… I switched over to a self-hosted site and have a few more tweaks to make.
Personal & Family
1) Build in quiet time: Repeat goal from last year, usually before bed works best
Ehhh, could definitely be better with this.
2) Be productive in my working hours and be present with my family in non-working hours
I finally feel like I have a good balance here.
3) Keep reading and learning and growing
I always have a list to get to, but I’m slowly making my way through some great holistic health reads, especially the Energetics of Food. I also loved 4:09:43: Boston 2013 Through the Eyes of the Runners. I read it in two days! As a runner, it was especially meaningful. Hal Higdon interviewed dozens of runners and participants to put together the whole day, including a number of chapters describing the Boston course mile by mile. I’m a tiny bit disappointed that I’m not running it in a few weeks like I had originally planned, but obviously the baby is a much better gift! There will be more marathons and someday I hope to requalify and make it to Boston.
4) Continue to aim for one date night each month, more if possible!
We lucked out with an awesome babysitter right down the block, and have been scheduling in our monthly date nights. Plus a few “extras” when we’re with willing grandparents!
I like to review these goals and see what I should be shifting to keep moving forward. I feel like I’m right on track for now!
What was one of your intentions for the new year?
How are you doing with your goals?